The German Development Cooperation through GIZ is looking for a National Senior Expert (leading expert) to support the Development of two Feasibility Studies and coordination of environmental impact assessment in two regions: North and Centre within its “Modernization of Local Public Services” project.
The main tasks to be performed are:
- Ensuring overall achievement of key tasks and activities;
- Assigning, together with the project contact person, individual tasks to team members;
- Assuming primary responsibility for the team performance and timely delivery of the work results: managing and monitoring of the team activities and its outputs;
- Ensuring technical inputs according to the team ToRs and the agreed methodology, and stakeholders’ requirements, as directed by the project contact person;
- Conducting quality control process for outputs;
- Contributing to technical reports, as required;
- Preparing reports, information notes, presentations and other documents upon request of the project contact person;
- Developing Reports on process of site selection for landfills and transfer stations;
- Developing the chapter of the institutional structure and on management of special waste streams;
- Communicating efficiently with representatives of national stakeholders and involved LPAs, including Rayon Presidents, Mayors and other persons, including from the relevant local organizations and institutions;
- Facilitating meetings and workshops within the process of elaboration.
- University Degree in the area connected to the environment protection and solid waste management;
- From 5 to 10 years proven experience in developing of projects, feasibility studies, environment impact assessment, and other relevant skills for the solid waste management tasks and activities;
- Abilities to work in a team, good communication and negotiation skills, capacities to draft, develop and assess relevant documents;
- Excellent proven skills in analysis, leadership and overall diplomatic skills;
- Proven Romanian and English language skills.
Applications shall include:
- detailed CV and cover letter (including contact data), explaining the motivation for this consulting position;
- financial offer, including gross daily rate and a total amount per 120 days of assignment;
- copy of ID, health insurance and social insurance card (CPAS);
- bank data, showing bank name, bank code and IBAN MDL.
All personal data are for the internal use of GIZ; confidentiality guaranteed.
The total length of assignment is foreseen for the period November 2016 – May 2017.
Applicants shall be residents of the Republic of Moldova, residing in country for a period of at least 6 months at the date of application.
All applications shall be submitted in a sealed envelope not later than 18 November 2016, 17:00 to the address of GIZ Office Chisinau: 66 Bernardazzi St., 5th floor, left wing, Chisinau, MD-2009. Please mention the position name and tender no. 83243976 on the envelope. Shortlisted candidates might be asked for an interview and additional information.
Eventual questions can be addressed to Petru Pirnau at firstname.lastname@example.org, tel: 022 997 920.