The German Development Cooperation through GIZ is looking for a Regional Advisor for the Regional Development Agency (RDA) Gagauzia within its project „Modernization of Local Public Services in the Republic of Moldova“.
The Regional Advisor will support the Project Manager and project team on the day-to-day activities implementation.
The main responsibilities shall include:
- Advising and assisting RDA’ specialists in performing their duties regarding Regional Planning and Programing and Projects Development and Implementation in four priority sectors: Energy Efficiency in Public Building, Water Supply and Sanitation, Solid Waste Management and Regional and Local Roads;
- Provide oversight and guidance to RDA staff on all matters pertaining to the smooth implementation and coordination of project activities;
- Advising Regional Development Council’s (RDC) members and RDC’ Sector Commissions on: Regional Development issues, including participatory planning and budgeting, inter-municipal cooperation, monitoring and evaluation of Regional Sector Programmes, gender equity;
- Being the focal point for a specific number of rayons and projects/activities based on distribution approved by project management;
- Ensuring smooth Project implementation including support to project events, national and international experts’ missions;
- Provide inputs on developing detailed annual work plans to achieve project objectives as well as quarterly plans if required;
- Monitor deliverables, deadlines, and milestones for each active contract according to the ToRs;
- Prepare quarterly and annually reports for individual projects according to the project regulatory framework.
- BA and/or Master Degree in business development, legal field, economics, public administration; or equivalent professional work experience in the communication area;
- Detailed knowledge of administrative and government structures of the Republic of Moldova;
- At least 3 years general work in project management and implementation, local/regional planning and programming; experience in public service delivery in WSS, SWM, EE;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written English and Romanian, Russian or German would be an asset;
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills; able to work to deadlines, under stress, and cheerfully;
- Be able to work autonomously and on own initiative while reporting regularly to the Project Manager and direct coordinator;
- Be a team player, supportive of colleagues and able to ask for support when required;
- Proven ability to identify opportunities and to effectively manage relationships with media representatives, government officials and other GIZ partners;
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office, Outlook, Internet and other);
- Willing and able to travel inside and outside the country for event support, when needed.
Applicants have to be citizens of the Republic of Moldova, residing inside the country for a period of over 6 months before the date of application.
Applications, including detailed CV, references and motivation letter shall be sent not later than 19 August 2016, time 17:00 to the attention of Tatiana Dumbrava, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please mention the position name in the title of your application message.
Only shortlisted candidates will be asked for an interview.