GIZ Project conducts information and awareness campaigns on regional development, so as under all three of its reference sectors:
- energy efficiency
- water supply and sanitation
- integrated solid waste management.
The awareness efforts are included in local and regional as well as national initiatives. To enhance the impact of its campaigns, the GIZ project relies on partnerships with regional development institutions, line ministries, local authorities and civil society.
GIZ campaigns aim to:
- increase the amount of information available to the public about newly created local public services and citizens’ involvement in the consultation of tariffs;
- increase public awareness about environmental issues (e.g. drinking water quality, the negative impact of uncontrolled waste storage, energy waste);
- encourage among consumers a responsible attitude towards service providers (e.g. bill payment, notification about leakages).