General Objective of the project:
The objective of this Project is to improve the framework conditions for a citizen-oriented implementation of regional development policy in priority sectors of local public service provision.
Intervention Area I: Policy and strategy advice for improving framework conditions for implementation of regional development policy supports partners in the participatory development of a coherent regional development strategy, in the alignment of the legal framework with EU standards as well as in the harmonization of existing internal and external funds.
Intervention Area II: Improvement of coordination and monitoring of Regional Development Strategies supports Regional Development Councils as well sector working groups in performing their core functions in integrative regional planning. Improved result-based monitoring procedures are introduced.
Intervention Area III: Improvement of development and implementation of Regional Development Strategies aims at improving the planning and implementation capacities of the three Regional Development Agencies in the fields of:
- Participatory strategy development;
- Integrated planning;
- Project development and implementation.
Intervention Area IV: Institutionalisation of training and capacity development measures seeks to up-scale ‘best practices’ of the previously developed training modules for increased capacities in local public service provision in the priority sectors.
The population of selected localities in four development regions North, Centre, South and ATU Gagauzia.
- Ministry of Agriculture, Regional Development and Environment;
- Regional Development Councils (North, Centre, South and ATU Gagauzia);
- Regional Development Agencies (North, Centre, South and ATU Gagauzia);
- State Chancellery;
- Ministry of Economy and Infrastructure;
- Ministry of Education, Culture and Research;
- Ministry of Health, Labour and Social Protection;
- LPAs level 1 (city halls) and LPAs level 2 (rayon administrations);
- Energy Efficiency Agency;
- Academy of Public Administration;
- Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Moldovan Water Supply Association;
- NGO sector.
Implementation period of the second phase of the project:
January 2016 – December 2021.
Budget of the project:
- The total budget of MLPS project for the 2nd phase is EUR 62,501,774,96
Co-financing partners of MLPS phase 2 are:
- BMZ / German contribution: EUR 6,351,889.86
- Swedish Government: EUR 3,700,000 (completed in 2018)
- Romanian Government: EUR 179,636.86 (completed in 2018)
- Confederation of Switzerland: EUR 3,698,149.66
- EU contributions: EUR 48,371,198.53 (4 agreements)
- EUR 171,198.53 for regional planning and project pipelines (completed in 2017)
- EUR 3,500,000 for preparation of technical design and tender documentation for construction works in WSS and EE sectors
- EUR 39.800.000,00 for Construction of Water Supply and Sanitation infrastructure as well as Energy efficiency in public buildings
- EUR 4.900.000,00 for Citizens’ Empowerment in the Republic of Moldova