The German Development Cooperation through GIZ is looking for an individual expert to support the Parliamentary Committee for Environment and Regional Development, in advocating new policies in the related fields, within its project “Modernization of Local Public Services in the Republic of Moldova”.
The individual expert will be responsible for developing and promoting feasible policy reform proposals, which lead to improvements in the area of regional development, for preparing decisions that help overcome obstacles and to support the successful implementation of the Regional Development policy in the Republic of Moldova as well as carry out a capacity-building program.
The following responsibilities are included in the assignment:
• In close cooperation with the Parliamentary Committee for Environment and Regional Development and the project, to coordinate, assess, develop and discuss recommendations and analyse them in order to improve the legislative and regulatory framework (especially, but not exclusively, within the fields of Regional Development);
• Act as a communication link between Parliament and Government actors, councils, regional agencies, LPAs, international partners – organize multilevel dialogues in different formats;
• Answer and facilitate the queries from potential development partners;
• Advocate the new policies, incentives, laws or regulations;
• Contribute to implementation of the Capacity Building Programmes, incentives and events for the members of the Parliamentary Committee for Environment and Regional Development;
• Participate in the organization of the working sessions of the Committee, public consultations, discussions and public hearings;
• Assist in specialised area the Parliamentary Committee for Environment and Regional Development in the legislative procedure;
• Provide specialized assistance in parliamentary supervision over the execution of laws;
• Collaborate with Parliament and Government ministries and agencies to facilitate sustainable development in Moldova;
• Ensure regular feed-in of work results into the project monitoring system;
• Support in the organisation of field visits in the regions and preparatory work and Concept development for the Public Hearings of the NSRD;
• Provide other related advisory support activities.
• Bachelor Degree (Master would be an advantage) in the field of Economy, Law, Public Administration or any related relevant discipline;
• Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in advisory support in policy and legal areas; experience in regional development planning and programming is an advantage;
• Proven track record in providing advice to senior public officials; in-depth knowledge of the Moldovan Parliament/Government structures and actual work processes of such;
• Demonstrated excellent analytical and writing skills;
• Effective communication and negotiation skills;
• Ability to work under tight deadlines with excellent time management skills;
• Ability to work in international teams;
• Fluency in the use of standard software applications, such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint;
• Fluency in Romanian and English.
Applications shall include:
• detailed CV and cover letter, explaining the motivation for the position;
• financial offer, including gross daily rate and a total amount per 100 days of assignment, for the period April 2018 – March 2019;
• copy of ID, health insurance and social insurance card (CPAS);
• bank data, showing bank name, bank code and IBAN MDL.
All personal data are for the internal use of GIZ; confidentiality guaranteed.
The successful finalist will be issued a short-term consulting contract with the possibility of further extension.
Applicants shall be residents of the Republic of Moldova, holding the Moldovan residentship for a period of at least 6 months at the date of application.
All applications shall be submitted in a sealed envelope not later than 16 March 2018, 17:00 to the address of GIZ Office Chisinau: 66 Bernardazzi St., 5th floor, left wing, Chisinau, MD-2009. Please mention the position name and tender no. 83282435 on the envelope.
Shortlisted candidates might be asked for an interview and additional information.
For eventual questions, please address Petru Pirnau at firstname.lastname@example.org.